Welcome to May! May is the official Cystic Fibrosis Awareness month, and if you’re a proud member of Team Trinity, there’s several ways to show your support online this month. Below are a few ideas to get you started, if you’d like to help spread awareness of Cystic Fibrosis, and help Trinity in her continuing quest to find a cure for this lifelong disease:
- Awareness Ribbon: The official “awareness ribbon” color for Cystic Fibrosis is purple (shared with several other cancers and domestic violence); if you’d like a physical ribbon, those are available for purchase, and if you’d like to adorn your Twitter or Facebook profile picture with a digital purple ribbon, the Twibbon tool makes that quite easy.
- Cover Images: Both Facebook and Google plus social networks give you the option of a “cover image” in addition to your profile picture as additional space to show off what’s important to you. There are a couple custom Team Trinity cover images designed to fit the Facebook and Google+ dimensions; click here to grab the file you need, and instructions for setting it up!
- Spread the Word: Online or in person, this month is about letting people know about Cystic Fibrosis and those who are suffering from it, if they’re unaware. Here’s some online resources for you to share, if you find someone who’s looking for more information:
- What is Cystic Fibrosis: Overview of the disease from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- VX-661 Phase 2 testing results: Recent press release of a drug therapy that’s currently in clinical trials, that has the potential to treat the root cause of CF.
- Trinity’s CaringBridge site: Follow Trinity and her family on our journey to help her deal with her CF, and read the past history of what she’s faced so far.
- Donations: Donations to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation are the longest-lasting tribute that can be made for Trinity and all the others fighting CF with her; CFF has been the primary sponsor of research that is showing great progress towards finding a treatment for the root cause of CF. The Great Strides sponsored walking events are backed by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, with sponsorships there going directly to CF research. Click here to go to Team Trinity’s Great Strides sponsorship page and donate either your money, or your time and effort as a walker at the event. And if you donate this week, there’s a bonus raffle going on that might net you a prize in thanks for your donation!