View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Oct 23, 2017 2:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Movie Processing widget request 
Senior Tradesman
Senior Tradesman

Post Movie Processing widget request
I am trying to build a macro to accomplish this task in macro express, perhaps some widgetry may be able to accomplish this better. i have 2 ideas for widgets, the first one being very involved and the second being more of a text modification.

Widget 1: The Movie Processor
Goal of widget: load iso file from a folder into Handbrake, use handbrake to convert iso to mp4 format, load mp4 output file into original folder, delete original iso file. Repeat until all isos have been converted.

Widget 2: Name Strip widget.
Goal of widget: I am currently stuck in building my macro at the part where i have to name the output file. Macro express can grab file paths and store them in variables. When handbrake is up and i have to input the name of the output file (ie, the name of the file I am converting to a mp4) into the text box, i cannot use a copy and paste command as each iso have a different length name and pasting in the file path into the name box causes problems.

What i need is a widget that can take text from a file path, and strip out everything except the name of the file....for example:
an input of: c:\foldera\folderb\moviex.iso
yields an output of moviex
"moviex" needs to be of variable length because movie titles are of varying length. your thoughts on either Brooks?

Oct 28, 2009 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Order of Merlin
Order of Merlin

Post Re: Movie Processing widget request
Hmmm... I've got Macs and Linux boxes for my usual computers; I'll have to borrow my wife's WinXP box to try out Macro Express. On first look through their website though, it looks like there should be some programming possibilities in their macro code, other than calling another application to do the work for you. Though you could likely create a Windows Batch file (.BAT) or VisualBasic (.VBS) file that could run from the command line and just simply accept a string, find the location of the last "/" in the string, and return the end of the string from that point forward. Then call that script file from Macro Express, passing the parameter of the full path name, and storing the result as the name you need.

Nov 02, 2009 3:31 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]